The real estate industry has had more than its fair share of challenges during the recent economic downturn. In good times or bad, however, this industry is always evolving and developing, especially in the markets in which The Law Offices of Shawn M. George, APC operates, all of which are known for having robust real estate development. While the key players, laws, regulations and practices in this industry continue to change, so too have our firm and practice groups with a continued focus on significant real estate issues.
The Law Offices of Shawn M. George, APC represents commercial, industrial, non-profit, and residential REITs, real estate investors, developers, lenders, property owners, receivers, property managers, landlords, brokers, appraisers, title insurers, escrow agents and other industry-related businesses with a diverse range of needs and interests.
Our office can handle virtually any type of real estate litigation matter, including disputes relating to:
- Acquisition and development: disputes arising under purchase and sale agreements, option agreements, development agreements, and land use and zoning disputes
- Construction: disputes relating to agreements with general contractors, subcontractors and related liens
- Management: litigation of property management agreements and prosecution of receivership actions
- Real estate brokers and agents: disputes relating to brokers, agents and their ethical, fiduciary and other common law disclosure and other obligations, as well as alleged breaches in civil actions and in ethics proceedings before state regulatory agencies
- Loan workouts, trustee’s sales/foreclosures, collection and bankruptcy: disputes relating to business loan agreements, promissory notes, deeds of trust, assignments of rent and guarantees, including loan workouts/restructurings, trustee’s sales, deficiency actions and related bankruptcy proceedings such as motions for relief from the automatic stay
- Title disputes: easement, property line, adverse possession, quiet title, trespass, nuisance and other title disputes and actions
- Landlord-tenant disputes: eviction proceedings, complex lease interpretation issues and the entire spectrum of landlord-tenant disputes
Why Clients Select Us
Knowledgeable, Innovative, Connected: The Law Offices of Shawn M. George, APC uses its deep understanding of, and relationships within, the real estate industry to offer clients situation-sensitive and forward-thinking solutions.
Invested in Our Clients: The Law Offices of Shawn M. George, APC strives to develop a thorough institutional knowledge of our clients’ business and legal concerns in order to effectively address litigation challenges and keep projects on track. We offer legal solutions that are tailored to meet every client’s individual needs.
Shawn M George
Central Valley Location
1009 6th Street
Los Banos, CA 93635
© 2018 Shawn M George APC