With high-profile sex crimes frequently making the news, it has become more difficult for those accused of sex crimes to plea bargain or get a fair trial. These charges are very easy to make and very difficult to defend since the alleged crimes usually happen in a one-on-one situation, with no independent witnesses or evidence.
These allegations have lately become almost routine in divorce and custody battles. In fact, there have been studies regarding S.A.I.D. (Sexual Abuse In Divorce) and its prevalence in these proceedings.
At The Law Offices of Shawn M. George we have a history in the criminal defense community that lends us credibility. Law enforcement, prosecutors, and judges know us and respect us for our knowledge of the law and integrity. Additionally, our independent investigator can collect statements immediately, which is critical in these cases.
We handle all sex crime cases, including the following:
- Aggravated Sexual Assault
- Child Pornography
- Sex Offender Registration
- Removal from Sex Registration Requirement
- Removal from Megan’s Law Website
- Failure to Register as Sex Offender
- Federal Sex Crimes
- Internet Sex Crimes
- Chat Room Sex Crimes
- Internet Pornography
- Lewd Conduct
- Lewd Conduct with a Minor
- Possession of Obscene Material
- Sexual Battery
- Sex Crimes Against Minors
- Child Pornography Videos
- Production of Child Pornography
- Sale of Child Pornography
- Distribution of Child Pornography Images
- Oral Copulation with a Minor
- Appeal of a Sex Crime Conviction
- Rape, Including Date Rape and Statutory Rape
- Sexual Misconduct
- Indecent Exposure
- Child Molestation
- Sex for a Fee, Prostitution, Solicitation
- Massage without a Permit
When representing one of our clients charged with a sex crime we work at creative solutions to the client’s problems, including ways to mitigate sentencing to avoid incarceration.